Thinking about the future 2015

by - Tuesday, July 21, 2015


So I am throwing a blog post in on a Tuesday, but I thought as I am starting to panic about my future I thought I'd make a little post about the future or some advice to try and calm yourself down. I will point out, I don't think I suffer with anxiety but I do tend to worry and panic when it comes to thinking what I want to do in the future and considering I have 1 more year left at college then I have a big choice of what I do in the future and that's the big worry I have. So here is a little advice to try and help others who will come to have the same problem. 

  1. If you are having trouble deciding what you want to do, don't think you are the only one. There is no doubt that you'll have someone else out there who is the same. 
  2. Don't think you have one choice and one chance to make a decision as you would have found out you change your mind so quickly. 
  3. Don't think you can avoid thinking of the future, because the more you try to avoid it the worse your worries get. REMEMBER you are going to grow up, you are going to have to make decisions, you are going to make mistakes, you are going to have to figure out what you want to do. 
  4. Don't think that you make one choice after finishing college or school that you are stuck with it for the rest of your life, it might start off thinking that way, but here's the deal, I always wanted to go to Drama College after college next year but now I want to go into a full time job of IT or Computing. That doesn't mean I have ruled out Drama College or Acting or Performing at all, I am just putting in my back pocket and maybe I'll revisit that idea in the near future. A lot of people have had one choice and stuck with it for a long while and then decided to change their mind and now want to do something completely different and that is completely Okay.
  5. If you see someone else who has got a job that is in the same kind of area you want to go into but you never get it, okay yeah it is disheartening but just be supportive instead of being jealous and everything. 
  6. Don't worry about panicking about the future, because trust me, it is a good thing because it means you are serious about your future and you know it's important and it's going to happen. 
  7. Remember although you are worrying about your future, try to enjoy planning it and thinking about it because you will find a good idea of a future in the long run and if I am honest it's much better to try and look forward and enjoy the future then to be dreading it. But remember it is totally fine to be worrying, don't think their is something wrong with you just because you're worrying about.
So I know this might not be helpful, but I thought I would post it as I had it on my mind and i decided to post it as I didn't post a post yesterday either. Feel free to leave a comment.  


You can follow my social media links here:

Instagram - @_ameliajl
Twitter - @omgamelia07
Bloglovin - Follow


You May Also Like

0 comments